I’m sure that most of you are familiar with the saying “You never get a second chance to make a first impression”.
We believe what we see, therefore the way you look tells people a lot about you. We all make decisions about people based on their appearance so it is vitally important we understand how to look our best in any situation as it's very difficult to correct an unfortunate first impression. If your image conflicts with the message you are trying to convey, you will have a very difficult task getting the right message across.
While there's no substitute for an individual’s sound knowledge, experience and skills, getting your image right will help by giving a true reflection of your abilities. Your image not only needs to reflect your business, its aim is to create a consistent message.
With the increased use of social media over recent years your profile picture (or head shot on your website) is often the first time others see you. What's more the face is the focal point of our appearance and it's therefore vitally important to invest some time and ensure your image reflects how you want others to see you.
If you’re not sure your picture reflects the real you and the image you're wanting to convey read on my for top tips to nailing your head shot.
- Wear a colour to compliment your complexion
- Opt for a solid colour - patterns, busy prints and graphics can distract from your face
- Avoid low cut tops because they make it difficult to crop close
- Choose simple jewellery as it keeps the focus on your face
- Make sure the top your wearing has long sleeves - short sleeved tops can be distracting
- Avoid bear arms
- Ladies - make sure your bra's are not visible through your top and your make up is subtle
- Avoid wearing black or white
- If you choose to wear a jacket team it with a collarless top
- A crisply ironed shirt frames the face really well.
If your fed up and feel your personal style isn't reflecting you/your brand, call me today for a FREE 30 minute consultation - 01306 881003.